Sunday 16 January 2011

other expat nutters

and I thought I was negative about France! A lovely couple I met in the pub last night ( a Irish themed pub... which if Disney were to do pubs, this would be it.) told me that they couldn't get a full night' s sleep as the bin men would drag the bins down flights of steps every single morning at 5.30 am only to be followed by screaming teenagers at 8.am from the Lycee opposite hanging out in front f their front door.

She said: I went across the road to the director and complained and when he said that the forecourt area outside our apartment was public property, I said DO... YOU ... WANT.. ME TO PUNISH... YOUR... STUDENTS .. INSTEAD... DO YOU?

Her green eyes bulged with every word.

She continued: DO...YOU?

I imagined that the director was probably pushing a button underneath his desk by now.

BECAUSE I WILL..... YES I WILL.....and then went into a serial killer description of what she would do to them.

"hmm... but I bet these kids were polite to you when you went past them in the morning... i offered.

"YES THEY WERE.... she said darkly.

I have made a mental note that she is mad, and perhaps I shouldnt have been so hasty in offering my flat a a venue for the womens' networking meeting. My other friend made a move to get her bus.

" Are you sure you're going to be allright left with these two" she whispered.

"Yeah" i said.. basing it on the fact that i've already met so many nutters in my life that one set more wont make much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment